Below is a link to the Kansas CONA Application for 2018. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on March 7. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. If you are selected, you will be notified by March 12, and a $100 non-refundable deposit will be due by March 16.
Submitting an application does not guarantee participation in CONA. Space is limited due to state limits set by the conference, which is a maximum of 25 students per state. Delegates will be selected to attend based on their application and their participation at the Youth and Government State Convention. Past participation at CONA is not a guarantee of selection.
The application requires you to answer six questions. Please give some thought to these questions before submitting your application.
- List up to three topics you are considering for your proposal. (100 words or less)
- What does it mean to you to represent Kansas? (200 words or less)
- How has your experience in Kansas YMCA Youth and Government prepared you to participate in a national YAG conference? (200 words or less)
- In one sentence, how would you describe Youth and Government to someone unfamiliar with the program?
- Share about an area in which you could improve or have potential for growth. (200 words or less)