The Presiding Officers lead and shape the entire program, meeting throughout the year to build their leadership skills and prepare for their responsibilities for guiding the work of the program participants. Officers make a serious commitment to YAG and to the groups they serve, but have tons of fun in the process.
The elections for the Presiding Officers are held during the State Conference in Topeka. All Presiding Officers will preside at the State Conference held the year following their elections.
Supporting Officers are appointed by the State Office through an application process. These officers fill many program roles, such as committee chair. Students wanting to serve as a Supporting Officer need to apply by the stated deadline.
- Google Drive with YAG Resources
- Student Leadership Guide: Provides an overview of all Presiding and Supporting Officer positions, including duties and qualifications.
- Campaign and Elections Guide: Provides an overview of the campaign process at YAG, including the campaign and election rules that all candidates must follow.
Presiding Officer Candidate Filing Form
- Candidate Filing Form: Any student interested in running for one of the following Presiding Officer positions must complete this form: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, President of the Senate, and Speaker of the House. More information about these offices and campaign guidelines can be found here. Students will also be able to file for office at the State Conference.
Ballot order will be determined based on filing order. The first candidate to file a completed Candidate Filing Form with the State Office will be listed first on the ballot. Only the student’s name will be listed on the ballot.
- Current Candidates: Candidates for the 2018 State Conferences are listed on this page.
Elections will be held during the State Conference. The 2019 Presiding Officers will be announced at the Closing Session.